As health care professionals, our role is to collaborate with older adults, to help them fill-in the gaps of their abilities and to help them succeed at doing what they want to do. Brush Development Company is offering a new 12-hour online, one-on-one private course that invites, encourages and challenges speech-language pathologists and other health care professionals to learn how to enhance their methods of providing person-centered care for individuals who are living with dementia in any setting.
This private, internet-based instruction can be taken from anywhere in the world and scheduled at your convenience. This course presents a range of treatment options and case studies applicable to people along the dementia continuum that have the potential to yield functional and meaningful outcomes.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify assessment procedures that yield meaningful information.
- Recognize and plan interventions that have the potential to yield functional and meaningful outcomes for persons living with dementia.
- Incorporate care partner’s goals and education into treatment planning.
- Discuss the essential aspects of leadership, team building, communication and engagement in health care settings.
- Reduce undesirable responsive behaviors such as wandering, rummaging and agitation through effective environmental design strategies.