From Can’t to Can Do! Montessori for Aging & Dementia | Certificate Course
July 18 & 19, 2024
On-Site Sessions | 8:30 AM – 4: 30 PM
Hosted by Greenspring Center for Lifelong Learning
10807 Tony Dr Suite 101
Timonium, MD 21093
Discover the transformative power of Montessori for Aging and Dementia, an innovative care approach that enables individuals to care for themselves, others, and their community.
This approach brings renewed purpose and significance to the lives of elders while significantly enhancing staff satisfaction. Earn an AMI certificate and 10
*NCCAP continuing education credits as you delve into this enriching workshop.
- Discover a powerful approach to dementia care that will totally change your perspective on aging and dementia.
- Learn the first thing you should do to create a sense of community between staff and elders.
- Explore how an engaging life enrichment program transforms the culture of a long-term care center and ultimately frees up staff time dramatically.
- Implement a simple tool for helping people with cognitive impairment participate in meaningful conversations.
- Identify the mistakes almost everyone unknowingly makes in wayfinding and signage, leading to confusion and discord — and find out how to correct them.
- Develop the skills to effectively communicate with people with dementia, so they easily understand what you are trying to convey.
*NCCAP units administered through Brush Development
- 90% attendance
Montessori for Elder and Dementia Care by Jennifer A Brush.
Cost: $325 Early Bird Rate; $375 After June 15th
Price includes lunch both days, group discounts available