Introduction to Montessori for Aging & Dementia
Saturday, January 27, 2024 | 9am to 4pm
at Arbor Montessori School in Atlanta
Arbor Montessori School is proud to host a full-day workshop showcasing an innovative approach to care that enables individuals to care for themselves, others, and their community—bringing purpose and meaning to elders’ lives and increasing staff satisfaction significantly. Jennifer Brush, MA, and Margaret Jarrell, M.Ed., from Brush Development will show you how to create an environment that supports older adults and people living with dementia through joy and purposeful work.
Arbor Montessori School
2998 Lavista Road
Decatur GA 30033
During this workshop, you will:
- Discover a powerful approach to dementia care that will change your perspective on aging and dementia.
- Learn to empower elders and support independence through maintaining meaningful roles and routines.
- See how an engaging life enrichment program transforms the culture of a long-term care center.
- Learn the process for changing an uninterestin, tedious, and repetitive activitydriven program into a dynamic and engaging person-centered program that keeps people interested and has them coming back for more.
- Learn to implement a simple tool for helping people with dementia participate in meaningful conversations.
- Develop the skills to effectively communicate with